Time for Day 2 of “7 Days of Dragon Tips”!
If you write Fantasy, Science Fiction or any genre that involves complex character or place names, how do you get Dragon to insert them correctly every single time? This tip shows you how.
Welcome to Day 1 of “7 Days of Dragon Tips”!
Bluetooth microphones are compact, convenient and extremely portable. They free you from messy wires and big, bulky headsets so, in theory, they should be a dream come true for using with Dragon. Right?
If you’ve read my book “The Writer’s Guide to Training Your Dragon“, you’ll know the answer is ‘probably not’. I don’t generally recommend using Bluetooth headsets with Dragon and, in the video above, I explain why.
Don’t get me wrong – there are some exceptions. Sennheiser make a number of excellent Bluetooth headsets that work very well with Dragon (links below for those interested) but they work best when using the ‘Far Field’ algorithm that needs to be manually selected when setting up a Dragon profile. One issue with this? It only works with North American accents.
In short, unless you desperately want to use Bluetooth for some reason, you may be better off sticking with a much cheaper (and probably better performing) wired headset.
Check back tomorrow for another tip!
Quick Cheats for Writing With Dragon
Hidden Tricks to Help You Dictate Your Book, Work Anywhere and Set Your Words Free with Speech Recognition
Get your FREE copy at:
No jargon. No confusion. Just solid, fail-safe tips for writers to take their dictation to the next level.
This mini-guide will help you choose the right microphone, transcribe on-the-go with Dragon and put you on the path to sky-high word counts. You will also learn little-known tricks, such as:
– Dictating into programs Dragon doesn’t support – such as Scrivener;
– Preventing a crash from taking your dictated text with it;
– Creating a “Quiet Profile” for when you need to dictate without disturbing others;
– Using the same profile on multiple computers – and keeping it updated;
– Running your desktop Dragon app on an iPad or Android tablet – anywhere, anytime.
Designed to get you up-and-running with this powerful software in no time, “Quick Cheats for Writing with Dragon” may make you want to never look at a keyboard again!
Using Speech Recognition Software to Dictate Your Book and Supercharge Your Writing Workflow
FREE video training included!
Want to dictate up to 5000 WORDS an hour? Want to do it with 99% ACCURACY from the day you start?
As writers, we all know what an incredible tool dictation software can be. It enables us to write faster and avoid the dangers of RSI and a sedentary lifestyle. But many of us give up on dictating when we find we can’t get the accuracy we need to be truly productive.
This book changes all of that. With almost two decades of using Dragon software under his belt and a wealth of insider knowledge from within the dictation industry, Scott Baker will reveal how to supercharge your writing and achieve sky-high recognition accuracy from the moment you start using the software.
You will learn:
– Hidden tricks to use when installing Dragon NaturallySpeaking on a Windows PC or Dragon Dictate for Mac;
– How to choose the right microphone and set it up perfectly for speech recognition;
– The little-known techniques that will ensure around 99% accuracy from your first install – and how to make this even better over time;
– Setting up failsafe dictation profiles with multiple microphones and voice recorders, without impacting your accuracy;
– How to train the software to adapt to you and avoid your accuracy declining;
– Strategies for achieving your entire daily word count in just one or two hours;
– Many more tips and tricks you won’t find anywhere else.
At the end of the book, you’ll also find an exclusive list of resources and links to FREE video training to take your knowledge even further.
It’s time to write at the speed of speech – and transform your writing workflow forever!